Caramanna, Friedberg LLP is a law firm located in Toronto, Ontario. The firm's practice is restricted to criminal law. We offer an intensive, practical and thorough articling experience. One student is hired each year. During the articling term, students will:
- regularly visit clients at detention centres and jails;
- prepare files for trial;
- review and analyze disclosure
- prepare Charter and pre-trial applications;
- draft further disclosure requests, or other defence motions;
- attend administrative set date courts;
- interview clients, witnesses, and potential sureties;
- conduct extensive legal research;
- handle calls from prospective clients;
- prepare bail hearings and bail review applications; and
- when ready, conduct Trials and pleas for summary conviction and provincial offence matters.
About our Firm
Caramanna, Friedberg LLP is an established criminal law firm practicing in the GTA consisting of 6 criminal lawyers and one articling student. While located in Toronto, our practice extends to much of south central Ontario.
Our lawyers appear in all levels of trial courts in Ontario and have a wealth of experience defending every type of criminal offence. Our students are presented with the opportunity to work closely with counsel in order to gain the skills necessary to successfully practice criminal law.
Applications should include:
- A resume
- At least one letter of recommendation and the names, addresses and phone numbers of at least two further references (preferably one academic and one other);
- An official copy of all academic transcripts for law school and all undergraduate degrees;
- If possible, applicants should also supply a writing sample related to criminal law or evidence.
Applications should be sent to the attention of Mr. Anthony Bugo. Applications are accepted by email or regular mail. Following a review of applications, selected candidates are interviewed in accordance with the Law Society of Upper Canada Procedures for the recruitment of articling positions across the province of Ontario.